During your first dental visit, you will receive an evaluation designed to help us get to know you better. The evaluation gives us a complete picture of your dental and overall health.
At this visit, we will:
- Review your health and dental histories
- Obtain a new set of digital radiographs (X-rays)
- Evaluate your smile goals during a brief question and answer discussion
- Complete an oral cancer screening
- Perform a comprehensive oral evaluation, including an evaluation of existing restorations and the identification of decay and other conditions that may need treatment
- Generate a series of digital photographs
- Complete a periodontal (gum) evaluation
Afterward, you will receive a personal consultation from Dr. Ernie, Cindy or Scott Sheppard that will include an overview of your treatment options. We want you to feel comfortable with all aspects of your dental treatment at Sheppard Family Dental Care, and there will be many opportunities for you to ask any questions you may have.